Friday, September 25, 2009

Lizzie & Mo Super 8 Video!

When I first heard that Lizzie and Mo were to be married, I thought to myself, I would love to film their wedding video. I didn't know Lizzie very well at the time, so even though I wanted to run over to her and say, "Let me film it for you!" I kept quiet. A few weeks later Lizzie asked me if I would want to shoot her wedding video. I was excited and delighted!! In the weeks that followed she sent me examples of videos that she liked. There were some very beautiful ones; one in particular, by Andy at Portal Films, became a favorite. My goal was to make her the most beautiful wedding videos ever made. I know this isn't literally possible, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think the videos are simply lovely. It would have been very hard not to make something wonderful, because the excitement between Lizzie and Mo that day was electric. I had never seen someone look at another being with such love in their eyes. The way that Mo looked at Lizzie would warm the coldest of hearts. And if you could have seen Lizzie, and the way she was on her wedding day, oh no! Just too sweet to describe.

Lizzie and Mo from Leslie Satterfield on Vimeo.

6 comments:

  1. What an elegant video for a chic, gorgeous couple. This is truly timeless - if my daughter EVER gets married, we're hiring Kiss The Bride films!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I would be able to say this, but I loved watching this video. Okay. so, here's the thing. We all know that unless you're the "stars" of a wedding video (or their parents), wedding videos can be pretty daunting to watch. They're a bit of a drag. The way Kiss the Bride handles it, I feel like I'm watching a movie or a music video. It's entertaining, subtle, charming, poignant, and most clearly heartfelt.

    In short, most wedding videos are generic, which is sad considering that two individuals celebrating their love with friends and family is never generic. This may be the first wedding video that actually captures the unique essence of the people getting married and the singularity of the day. It definitely made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this is beautiful. Makes you wanna get married :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that while not even knowing this couple I am drawn into the narrative of their romance and the intimate splendor of their moment here. Ms. Satterfield seems to have a special aptitude for capturing the essence of love between couples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this video. I looked up a video by Andy at Portal Films and it captures the same "impressionistic" quality. How inspiring! Definitely going to make this happen for my wedding some day.

    ReplyDelete